Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Adventures In: Christmas Spirit. Or Lack Thereof...

I'm so proud of myself. I've got a majority of my Christmas shopping done already! I've got a few more things I'd like to get for Brad, and my mom and sister aren't done yet, BUT I'm not celebrating Christmas with them until January so I've got plenty of time! Oh and my bestie Sarah and her hubby Mark aren't done yet either. BUT I'm getting close! Jonathan and Addison are done, Brad's mom done, Webby's little guy done, I'm pretty proud of myself! GO ME!

I'm slacking on the Christmas card's though. I would have liked to have them out already, but I haven't decided what I want to do yet. We took some pictures for our first card together, but I'm not totally in love with any of them. Brad is off work this weekend, maybe we will try again! I need to get on it though! The great thing is I'll have plenty of time at work to address them!

It still really hasn't hit me that it's almost Christmas. Yes our tree is up, we are getting cards in the mail, presents are purchased and wrapped, we've been to a Christmas party, and have about 50 more to attend (or so it seems) but still I don't know. Maybe I need to do some baking/cooking and it'll feel right. I miss going to my grandma's with my family and baking/making candy/treats! I'll have to start my own traditions here. Hopefully I can convince the boyfriend to bake/decorate/make treats with me! It'll be fun, and remind me of home! I need a big dose of that!

We have done a few things on the Winter Bucket List I made. In those moments, I've felt the good ol' holiday spirit, but overall I'm like EH! Perhaps it's because I'm getting old, and Christmas/Winter break doesn't exist for me anymore. Or maybe it's because the Indiana weather has been NUTS and I've been able to wear flip flops some days in December.

Okay that's all for now pals. I have a few other bloggity blog topics in mind. I need to write more. But I know very few people are reading this so I'm like eh why bother, but on the other hand if I don't blog it they won't come! :)

Okay really I'm done now!

XO Tara Pants

No comments:

Post a Comment