Thursday, August 9, 2012

Adventures in: getting to know me

Hi there blog land! I'm Tara. I find my life pretty interesting, so why not sure it with the world. Or you know, just my bestie and boyfriend who I'll force to read this.

If you happen to be reading this, and you aren't someone I already know here are some Tara Fun Facts.

I'm 28

I currently live in my hometown of Evansville IN, but I'm relocating very soon! (more on that later).

I have a job in the social work field (also more on that to come)

I'm crazy about: my friends, the boyfriend, my family, music/concerts, and the little things in life seem to make me the happiest.

I'm flawed. I cry, too much (when I'm mad, frustrated, sad, etc). Its a side effect of wearing my heart on my sleeve.

I'm loud, silly, funny (at least to me), and passionate. I'm a cancer.

I love photography, instagram (username TaraPants), glitter/sparkles, laughing, being girlie, reading, being a kid at heart, singing at the top of my lungs in the car even though I'm a terrible terrible singer, and various other things I'm sure I'll blog about.

So, here is my story in a nutshell. I was born and raised in Evansville, IN. Raised by a single mom for the first 5-6 years of my life. My grandparents, aunts and uncles helped raise me too. I have one (half) sister, we call her Bird. She's 25 (yikes typing that makes me feel old). I have a ton of awesome cousins, aunts, uncles, etc.

I left Evansville for college. I applied to only one school. Indiana University. I had never visited the campus, I just got it in my head that I wanted to go there, so I made it happen. Literally, the day I moved into my dorm was the first time I had set foot in Bloomington. I like to think it was brave, but maybe it was slightly crazy. I loved college. However, I didn't graduate. I was an education major. I freaked out late in my first semester of my 4th year, and changed my major. I needed a bunch of classes like French, math, and science I hadn't needed in the school of ed. I survived another year, and I had my fill. So here I am 160+ credit hours and 5 years after leaving school with no degree. Spare the lectures. Thanks!

I moved back home, worked random jobs for 3 years. Then found a job that I want to make my career. Social Work. Not sure that I want to continue to do the home based stuff I'm doing now when I relocate, but I'm passionate about helping people/children.

So that's me. The very stripped down basic version of course. It may not seem very interesting. I'm shocked if you are still reading this honestly. High five if you are. This blog will be my little space to share my thoughts/memories/pictures/frustrations/funny tales/etc.

Buckle up, kids. These are The Adventures of TaraPants. Let's hope I'm at least 1/10th exciting in blog form as I find my life to be!!!


PS after a recent ER trip I was given pain meds. I took one about an hour ago, it there are horrible errors in this post let's blame the meds!

XO TaraPants

No comments:

Post a Comment