Monday, August 13, 2012

Adventures In: A Really Great Weekend

This weekend was my first weekend in a really long time. I missed the boyfriend a bunch, but I needed this weekend with my Evansville people.

Here is a little recap.
Friday: I was finally feeling better, and after work spent time running errands with Webby, then we had Mexican for dinner. Midway through dinner I thought WHOOPS I'm supposed to be on a bland diet, because of my recently diagnosed diverticulitis. Snap. But I guess the ER doctor did tell me once I ft better I could go back to my normal diet. After dinner I went to my grandparents house for poker night. Family gave me a hard time about my choice to move 4 hours away. Only a few family members have met the boyfriend, they haven't so there were lots of questions. It was nice to spend time with them, questions and all.

Saturday: work totally sucked. I woke up frustrated and annoyed. The day eventually improved. I had dinner with my sister, and we ran a few errands. After that I met my pal to see a movie. We saw The Campaign. Funny!!! Then I went to see her new place, and have girl talk. She gave me lots of advice for living with a boyfriend for the first time. I'm going to miss her. Plenty of Skype dates in the future!

Sunday: Webby, her son, and her mom and I all went to the horse races! He really enjoyed it. Later we hung out at her dads. I had a pretty epic Nerf war! Shit was real!! So much fun! When I got home that night I busted out the craft supplies. Glitter. Glitter. Glitter!!!! I glittered my post-it dispenser and my iPhone charger. Fun!!!

I'm rely glad I was able to keep busy this weekend. It really helped keep my mind off missing my boyfriend. I'm so excited to start the next phase of my life with him. September.... It's arrival is both thrilling and scary!!

No comments:

Post a Comment